The 'Our Community' Week campaign will run throughout the 2015-2016 session, focussing around a week of social action. It's all about making a difference in our communities, through a nationally coordinated initiative with a truly local impact.
We know that many of you are already engaging with and making a positive impact in your local community, and this initiative is not to undermine the fantastic work that is already going on, but all about building on what you are already doing, and if possible planning some of these initiatives to coincide with the 'Our Community' week of social action we've pencilled in 26th September to 4th October 2015, remember there is the freedom to do this at a time best suited to your needs in your local area.
You will find some great examples of local work already going on across the country, check out the case studies below; these fantastic examples are just a small selection of local initiatives we have been made aware of and we want to be able to share more of the amazing work being done in Companies by children and young people across the Brigade.
We've put together a range of resources to help support you in your local initiatives; these include banners, posters, balloons, press releases, cartoons and we've added hundreds of photos to our online photo library.
We want to challenge every Company to get involved in some way - Register your Event/Activity. Consider what each age group could get up to, and encourage parents and family members and your church congregation to also get involved. So, when planning your programme for next session, consider how you could build in activities for community week, remember it's all about making a difference in our communities. But don't worry if you cannot fit in with the week of social action, get involved when it is appropriate and let us know what you get up to.
Read some case studies and find out what some Companies have been up to in recent months!
So check out the resources below to help support you in your efforts . . .
A range of tools and resources to help you make a differnce, have a look at what is available below:
- Register your Community Event/Activity - It would be great if your Company could register your event/activity using our online form to let us know what you are getting up to. In return you will be sent out a bespoke event/activity pack we have put together to help you promote, run and celebrate your event/activity.
- Let us know how your local Event/Activity went - It would be great if your Company could let us know what you got up to. On receipt we will send you out a certificate recognising your efforts and also share what you have been upto in the Gazette and online.
- Posters - A range of poster designs which can be downloaded and customised locally to promote your event/activity.
- Items from BB Supplies - A range of items can be purchased from BB Supplies to support your community event/activity including Collecting boxes/buckets, sponsor cards, posters, stickers and balloons.
- Photo Library View and download photos from our gallery containing 100's of high quality images (login details as follows Username: bbguest Password: bb1883).
- Cartoon Downloads View and download cartoons which have been illustrated specifically for The Boys' Brigade and feature a wide range of activities (login details as follows Username: bbguest Password: bb1883).
- Twibbon - add a Twibbon to your Facebook / Twitter profiles to help promote the 'Our Community' campaign.
- Pre-Event Press Release / Event Press Release / Photo brief - media resources to support your community activity/event.
- Our Community Logo - You are welcome to make use of the campaign logo which can be downloaded by clicking here. You can also download BB logos and our Branding guidelines here.
Make use of social networking to share ideas, ask questions and shout about what you are doing with others around the Brigade.
Let us know about what you are doing and we will publish stories in the Gazette and on the website. It would be great to share our success stories and ideas with others around the Brigade. Send your stories to email@example.com.