Hosting Support & FAQs
We hope that you are finding the hosting services useful in supporting you in your role, this page provides information about the services and a list of frequently asked questions which will hopefully point you in the right direction if you have any questions.
How can I manage my website?
We are running 'cPanel' a user friendly control panel which you can logon to and view details about your website setup and manage functionality and services. You should be able to control most of the functionality available through this control panel and so in the first instance we would suggest you logon to cPanel and see what you can do yourself (all functionality on cPanel has supporting user guides and video tutorials to help you).
To access cPanel go to http://cpanel.boys-brigade.org.uk.
cPanel will enable you to:
- Change your website password (used for CPanel logon and FTP)
- Change your contact email address (used to advise you about changes or issues)
- Backup your website (download a backup of your entire website including MySQL databases)
- Access the file manager to view and upload files (without an FTP client)
- Access statistics and log files (find out who is visiting your site and which pages they are going to)
- Setup page redirects (redirect to another website address)
- Create and manage MySql databases (including access to PHP MyAdmin)
- Check your disk space usage
- Check server information and versions of PHP, MySQL, etc
Please note: Email accounts are not managed through cPanel, please logon to the Webmail (http://mail.boys-brigade.org.uk/owa) to manage your email.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can find a list of FAQ's which will hopefully answer any questions you may have here (FAQ's are in a PDF).
I still need help
If you have already taken a look at the FAQ's above and still need to ask a question or need some help then please contact the WebSupportTeam@boys-brigade.org.uk